We were so excited to be informed on July 5, 2018 that we have been awarded the Excellent rating – again!! This makes us one of only 16 services in Australia to have achieved this highest possible rating more than once.
Our ACECQA assessor said to me that we had “knocked it out of the park” and that we were assessed as “Excellent” on all five themes in Criteria 1 – we only had to address three of the five themes but we thought that we had a good case to apply for each of them.
Needless to say, I am so proud of our CCC team – this is a sensational achievement and most definitely the result of a whole team effort.
Specifically, ACECQA has determined that:
- CCC exemplifies and promotes exceptional education and care that improves outcomes for children and families, including by:
- demonstrating a commitment to children that respects, reflects and celebrates culture and diversity, including place of origin
- providing practice and environments that enhance children’s learning and growth
- maintaining positive workplace culture, organisational values, support of educators and sustained commitment to professional development
- fostering inclusive partnerships with children and families
- engaging in collaborative partnerships with professional, community and research organisations
- CCC demonstrates leadership that contributes to the development of a community, the local area and the wider education and care sector
- CCC demonstrates a commitment to sustained Excellent practice through continuous improvement and comprehensive forward planning
In the analysis report, ACECQA made specific mention of CCC’s Auslan Bi-lingual Program, support of educators through targeted professional development opportunities, innovative cooking programs and embedded commitment to culture and diversity. In her closing comments, the assessor notes that “CCC has demonstrated visionary leadership through its outstanding efforts to develop the community and the wider sector through advocacy, training and inspiring best practice in early childhood education.” High praise, indeed!